How-to Guide: Setup Alerts in My AcuRite
Once you’ve created your My AcuRite account and added your Access device and various sensors, next you can create alerts to stay ahead of any problem-areas in and around your home. Here’s how to setup My AcuRite Alerts in 5 easy steps.
- From the My AcuRite website, click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner to get to “Alert Rules”.
- From this Alerts screen and next to Alert Rules, you’ll see an add button “+ Add”.
- From the My AcuRite app, tap on the Settings gear in the lower right-hand corner to get to “Manage Alerts”.
- From this Alerts screen, tap on the bell icon in the upper right-hand corner. (The bell icon has a plus on it).
Now you’ll be taken through the 5 easy steps to create an alert.
- Select the data you want to monitor for the alert, in this case I want Temperature, and hit Select Alert.
- Tap the Sensor Title Field to scroll through your available sensors. In this case I’m setting up an alert for Penny’s room so I select that.
- Then tap on the first blank box. You’ll see the option to select above or below. I want to be alerted when her room temperature drops below 62 degrees so I select below here.
- The next blank box allows you to enter the temperature in degrees, so here I enter 62.
- Lastly, you can verify your email address and make sure push notifications are enabled, then hit Save Alert.
You’re all set, you’ll see your new alert in your list of Custom Alerts!