AcuRite PC Connect Weather Station 01036 / 01092 Instruction Manual [PDF]
Français: Guide d'instructions 01036 / 01092 [PDF]
This weather station is compatible with My AcuRite:
Download My AcuRite software
||5-in-1 sensor installation
||Replacement Display: 01036-RX
Replacement 6-foot USB cable: 11191-PCUSB
5-in-1 PRO Weather Sensor: 06014RM
5-in-1 Weather Sensor: VN1TXC
PRO+ Upgrade for the 5-in-1 Sensor: 5N1DSSA
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Cups: 5N1WC / 06031RM
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Cups Assembly (with Bearings): 5N1WCBSA
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Vane: 5N1VANE
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Mounting Bracket: 5N1MB
Dimensions: 8.2-inches Height x 7.4-inches Width x 1.2-inches Depth
Indoor Temperature Range: 32º to 122º F, 0º C to 50º C
Indoor Humidity Range: 16% to 98% RH
Data Reporting Indoor data: 60 second updates
Power: 4.5V AC adapter (recommended for optimal display color), 6 AA alkaline batteries
5-IN-1 WEATHER SENSOR
Outdoor Temperature Range: -40º to 158º F, -40º C to 70º C
Outdoor Humidity Range: 1% to 99% RH
Wind Range: 0 to 99 mph
Rainfall Measurement: Measures 0.01 inches (0.25 mm) and up
RF (wireless) Range: 330 feet (100 meters)
Data Reporting: Wind Speed: 18 second updates; Wind Direction, Temperature & Humidity: 36 second updates
Wireless Frequency: 433 MHz
Power: 4 AA alkaline or lithium batteries; Lithium batteries recommended for temperatures below -4°F/-20ºC
Temperature Accuracy: +/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit; Learn More
Humidity Accuracy: +/- 5%
Wind Speed Accuracy: up to +/- 5mph
Rainfall Accuracy: +/- .05" per inch
|I need help with the PC Connect software or My AcuRite
For more information for setting up and troubleshooting PC Connect and My AcuRite, click here.
|Outdoor temperature is flashing or showing dashes
Flashing of the outdoor temperature may be an indication of wireless interference.
- Make sure the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display unit and sensor are switched to the same letter. You may choose A, B or C; but both units must match to sync up. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
|No outdoor sensor reception
- Relocate the display unit and/or the 5-in-1 sensor. The units must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes for display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Synchronize the units:
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and remove at least one battery from each.
- Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units match. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
- Reinstall the battery in the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall battery into the display unit.
- Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for about 20 minutes to gain a strong connection.
- Weather Forecast icon predicts conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours, not current conditions.
- Has Learning Mode icon disappeared from the display unit? Learning Mode must complete before forecast and pressure will be accurate.
- Allow unit to run continuously for 33 days. Battery removal or resetting the display unit will restart Learning Mode. After 14 days, forecast should be fairly accurate, however Learning Mode calibrates for a total of 33 days.
|Inaccurate temperature or humidity
- Make sure both the display unit and 5-in-1 sensor are placed away from any heat sources or vents.
- Make sure both units are positioned away from moisture sources.
- Make sure 5-in-1 sensor is mounted at least 5 ft off of the ground.
- Calibrate indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity.
|Inaccurate wind readings
- What is wind reading being compared to? Pro weather stations are typically mounted at 30 ft high or more. Make sure to compare data using a sensor positioned at the same mounting height.
- Check location of the sensor. Ensure it’s mounted a minimum of 5 ft in the air with no obstructions around it (within several feet).
- Ensure wind cups are spinning freely. If they hesitate or stop try lubricating with graphite powder or spray lubricant.
|Display screen not working
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly. Batteries may need to be replaced.
- Reset the display by pressing the reset button, located on the back of the display unit. Date and time will need to be entered after a reset.
Sensor Maintenance Demo
- Check to ensure the rain gauge stabilizer (plastic tab) has been removed from the bottom of the sensor.
- Clear debris, such as leaves, out of the rain collector funnel and debris screen.
- Calibrate the Rain Gauge.
Items Needed: 5-in-1 sensor, Philips screwdriver, damp cloth, car wax, toothbrush (optional), moth ball (optional)
- First, open your 5-in-1 sensor by removing the (4) four screws from the bottom. The screws toward the center of the sensor are for Rain Gauge calibration only. Do not adjust these screws.
- After your sensor has been opened, remove any insects, cobwebs, or debris. An old toothbrush can help to clean out the hard-to-reach places.
- Use a damp cloth to clean off the rain gauge tipping buckets.
Note: The damp cloth should only be used to clean the tipping buckets. Do not use to clean any other internal components.
- Place a small amount of car wax on a soft cloth and wipe down the tipping bucks to ensure that rain flows through smoothly.
- To further defend against insects crawling into your sensor, you may place a moth ball in the nook, near the tipping buckets (shown in video). Adhere the moth ball to the sensor with a piece of tape.
Note: Insect repellant may be used for additional protection, but should not be sprayed on the internal components or into the sensor./li>
- Reassemble the 5-in-1 sensor by replacing the (4) four screws on the bottom of the sensor that were removed earlier.
- Clear out any false readings that were taken while you were cleaning your sensor by pressing the CLEAR TODAY button on your 5-in-1 compatible display.
|| Rain Gauge Calibration Demo
The rain gauge on the 5-in-1 sensor can be calibrated to improve accuracy by following the directions below.
Items Needed: 5-in-1 sensor, display console, plastic cup, pin, screw driver
- First, make sure the 5-in-1 sensor is perfectly level using the built-in bubble level.
- Place the display console close by so you can monitor it during the calibration process.
- Make a pin hole in the bottom of a plastic cup. Hold the cup over the rain gauge and fill it with exactly 1 cup (8 oz.) of water, allowing the water to drip into the rain gauge. You should hear the internal buckets tip and see the water drain through the rain gauge.
- A few seconds after each bucket tip, the display console will display rainfall in approximately 0.01" or more increments.
- The cup of water should take more than 20 minutes to empty; a quicker period will result in an inaccurate calibration. (We’re trying to simulate a normal steady rainfall.) When the cup is completely empty of water, the display console should register 1.06"
If the rain gauge doesn't register close to 1.06" after the cup is empty of water, then you should make an equal adjustment to the two calibration screws on the bottom of the 5-in-1 sensor. Be sure to adjust both screws the same amount. Turning screws clockwise will increase rainfall amount. Turning screw counter clockwise will decrease it.
- To adjust the rainfall reading by 2% turn both screws 1/8 of a turn.
- To adjust the rainfall reading by 4% turn both screws 1/4 of a turn.
- To adjust the rainfall reading by 8% turn both screws 1/2 of a turn.
There should be nearly an equal number of water drops (typically about 25 water drops) between bucket tips. If not, then adjust the calibration screws on the bottom of the 5-in-1 sensor until an equal number of water drops are tipping the buckets. Then, restart the calibration procedure.
If you don't hear the buckets tipping and see water dripping alternately out of each drain, there may be an issue with the rain gauge or it's adjustment. Contact Customer Support.
Questions? We're here to help.
Phone +1 262 249-3259 | My AcuRite Technical Support +1 262 203-5667 | Community forum: http://support.acurite.com
Models: 01036, 01036A1, 01036CCDI, 01036CA, 01036CA1, 01036CADI, 01036DI, 01036P, 01092DI, 01036-RX, 01092DIA1, 06006RM, 11154-1036RX, 12154-1036RX, 06006M, 351543, 01092DIA1, 01036P