|Manual||AcuRite Professional Weather Station Instruction Manual [PDF] |
|Sensor Installation||5-in-1 sensor installation|
|Icon Definitions||Click here|
|Replacement Parts||Add-on or Replacement Display: 06016RM |
Replacement Power Adapter: 5N1ADPTR
5-in-1 PRO Weather Sensor: 06014RM
5-in-1 Weather Sensor: VN1TXC
PRO+ Upgrade for the 5-in-1 Sensor: 5N1DSSA
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Cups: 5N1WC / 06031RM
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Cups Assembly (with Bearings): 5N1WCBSA
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Wind Vane: 5N1VANE
Replacement 5-in-1 Sensor Mounting Bracket: 5N1MB
Mounting Tripod for Environmental Sensors: 06055M
Indoor Temperature Range: 32º to 122º F, 0º C to 50º C
5-IN-1 WEATHER SENSOR
Outdoor Temperature Range: -40º to 158º F, -40º C to 70º C
Temperature Accuracy: +/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit; Learn More
is flashing or
|Flashing of the outdoor temperature may be an indication of wireless interference. |
• Make sure the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display unit and sensor are switched to the same letter. You may choose A, B or C; but both units must match to sync up. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
|• Relocate the display unit and/or the 5-in-1 sensor. The units must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other. |
• Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
• Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes for display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
• Synchronize the units:
1. Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and remove at least one battery from each.
2. Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units match. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
3. Reinstall the battery in the outdoor sensor.
4. Reinstall battery into the display unit.
5. Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for about 20 minutes to gain a strong connection.
|• Weather Forecast icon predicts conditions for the next 12 to 24 hours, not current conditions. |
• Has Learning Mode icon disappeared from the display unit? Learning Mode must complete before forecast and pressure will be accurate.
• Allow unit to run continuously for 33 days. Battery removal or resetting the display unit will restart Learning Mode. After 14 days, forecast should be fairly accurate, however Learning Mode calibrates for a total of 33 days.
• Make sure both the display unit and 5-in-1 sensor are placed away from any heat sources or vents.
|No rainfall|| |
• Be sure the plastic tab under the rain collector (put in place for shipping purposes) on the bottom of the 5-in-1 sensor has been removed.
|Inaccurate rainfall|| |
1. First, make sure the 5-in-1 sensor is perfectly level using the built-in bubble level.
If the rain gauge doesn't register close to 1.06" after the cup is empty of water, then you should make an equal adjustment to the two calibration screws on the bottom of the 5-in-1 sensor. Be sure to adjust both screws the same amount. Turning screws clockwise will increase rainfall amount. Turning screw counter clockwise will decrease it.Adjustment:
To adjust the rainfall reading by 2% turn both screws 1/8 of a turn.
To adjust the rainfall reading by 4% turn both screws 1/4 of a turn.
To adjust the rainfall reading by 8% turn both screws 1/2 of a turn.
• There should be nearly an equal number of water drops (typically about 25 water drops) between bucket tips. If not, then adjust the calibration screws on the bottom of the 5-in-1 sensor until an equal number of water drops are tipping the buckets. Then, restart the calibration procedure.
• If you don't hear the buckets tipping and see water dripping alternately out of each drain, there may be an issue with the rain gauge or it's adjustment. Contact Customer Support.
|Inaccurate wind |
|• What is wind reading being compared to? Pro weather stations are typically mounted at 30 ft high or more. Make sure to compare data using a sensor positioned at the same mounting height. |
• Check location of the sensor. Ensure it's mounted a minimum of 5 ft in the air with no obstructions around it (within several feet).
• Ensure wind cups are spinning freely. If they hesitate or stop, try lubricating with graphite powder or spray lubricant.
|How to Mount |
the 5-in-1 Sensor
|• Mount the sensor at least 5 ft off the ground (higher is better for accurate wind measurements) in an open area NO FURTHER than 330 feet (100 meters) from the display console. A typical installation would involve mounting the bracket to a secured length of 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 wood, 3/4" pole, etc. (not included). For more information, visit: www.acurite.com/5in1|
|Display screen |
|• Check that the batteries are installed correctly. |
Batteries may need to be replaced.
• Reset the display by pressing and HOLDING the "CLEAR RECORD/RESET" button, located on the back of the display unit. Date and time will need to be entered after a reset.
Questions? We're here to help. Phone +1-262-729-4852 | My AcuRite Technical Support +1-262-729-4850 | Community forum: http://support.acurite.com
Questions? We're here to help.
Phone +1-262-729-4852 | My AcuRite Technical Support +1-262-729-4850 | Community forum: http://support.acurite.com
Models: 01078M, 01512, 01512A1, 01512X2, 06016RM, 01531DI, 06016M, 01512MA
Step-by-step directions with video to set up your 5-in-1 weather sensor for maximum accuracy.
Step-by-step directions with video to set up your 3-in-1 weather sensor for maximum accuracy.
Maximize the wireless range of AcuRite's 433 MHz wireless technology for superior performance.
Sensor siting helps install your sensors in the way that best captures the data that is most important to you.
AcuRite recommends new, high quality, name brand alkaline batteries for the best product performance.