|Replacement Parts|| Replacement Sensor: 592TXR |
Replacement Display Base: 08575B
Replacement Power Adapter: 85758580AD
|More Information||Click here|
|Specifications||Time Zones: HAST, AKST, EST, PST, MST, CST, EST, AST |
Outdoor Temperature Range: -40º to 158º F, -40º C to 70º C
Temperature Accuracy: up to +/- 4°F; Learn More
Outdoor Humidity Range: 1% to 99% RH
Humidity Accuracy: +/- 5%
Outdoor Sensor RF (wireless) Range: 330' (100m)
NOAA RF (wireless) Range: Up to 50 Miles
Wireless Frequency: 433 MHz
Power: DC adapter, 8 AA batteries
Power Adapter: Voltage: 6.0V; Current: 500mA; UL/CL: E186247; CEC: Yes
|FAQs & Troubleshooting|
|Problem / Question ||Answer / Possible Solution|
is flashing or
Flashing of the outdoor temperature is generally an indication of wireless interference.
|If the wireless signal indicator shows no bars: |
• Relocate the display unit and/or the outdoor sensor. The units must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
• Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
• Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor when temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes for display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
|Display screen |
|• Check that the batteries are installed correctly. Batteries may need to be replaced. |
• Reset the display by pressing the reset button, located on the bottom of the display unit. Date and time will need to be entered after a reset.
• Forecast will be blank for the first 4 hours after installing batteries.
|What is my |
SAME or FIPS Code?
All AcuRite Weather Alert Radios are equipped with SAME technology. In order to receive SAME alerts, you must program your area's SAME code into the radio.
United States: SAME codes are available by telephone at 1-888-NWR-SAME (1-888-697-7263) and online: United States and Territories SAME Code Table.Canada: Environment Canada's Meteorological Service has developed its own unique six-digit Canadian Location Code (CLC) utilizing SAME technology to identify region-specific weather forecasts and warnings. Find a Canadian Location Code (CLC)
What is my channel frequency?
|Using the SAME / FIPS Code links above, be sure the Channel selected on your unit is the recommended channel for your location. Frequencies for each channel: |
Channel 1 – 162.400
Channel 2 – 162.425
Channel 3 – 162.450
Channel 4 – 162.475
Channel 5 – 162.500
Channel 6 – 162.525
Channel 7 – 162.550
|WARNING alerts |
• Be sure your SAME/FIPS code is entered correctly.
• In Silence Mode, the audio report and siren for advisories and for watches will NOT sound. Only WARNINGS will sound as they cannot be silenced in any way, as mandated by NOAA.
• Watches and advisories are not preprogrammed into the radio to sound an alert. You can program or edit alerts using the following directions:
Access the Manual Setup menu. Press the "MENU" button on the radio. The display will show “(-SELECT-)". To select the Manual Setup menu, press the LEFT arrow key. Press "OK" to enter into Manual Setup:
Questions? We're here to help. Phone +1-262-729-4852 | My AcuRite Technical Support +1-262-729-4850 | Community forum: http://support.acurite.com
Questions? We're here to help.
Phone +1-262-729-4852 | My AcuRite Technical Support +1-262-729-4850 | Community forum: http://support.acurite.com
Models: 08575, 08580
Step-by-step directions with video to set up your 5-in-1 weather sensor for maximum accuracy.
Step-by-step directions with video to set up your 3-in-1 weather sensor for maximum accuracy.
Maximize the wireless range of AcuRite's 433 MHz wireless technology for superior performance.
Sensor siting helps install your sensors in the way that best captures the data that is most important to you.
AcuRite recommends new, high quality, name brand alkaline batteries for the best product performance.