AcuRite Sweepstakes Official Rules
Gift Card Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. No purchase or fees required to enter or claim any of the prizes awarded. Void where prohibited. The AcuRite Sweepstakes (Sweepstakes”) begins on November 1, 2012 and ends at an undetermined future date (“Sweepstakes Period”), with monthly drawings as described below.
2. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Chaney Instrument Co., 965 Wells St., Lake Geneva, WI 53147 ("Sponsor").
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will run according to a monthly entry schedule. One winner will be selected for each month among all eligible entries for that month. Non-winning entries for one month will automatically be included in subsequent months (e.g., a non-winning entry for Month 4 will be included in the selection of winners for Month 5). Winning entries, however, will not be included in subsequent months (e.g., the winning entry for Month 2 is ineligible to win Months 3 through 6). The Sweepstakes monthly entry schedule is as follows: Each months starts at 12:00:00 AM CT on the first day of the month and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on the last day of the month.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to those who have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence, and are legal residents of the 50 United States of America, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), who have internet access. Employees and agents, including their family (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related), of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions, agencies or of any related entity, including any consultants to Sponsor, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. To Enter: To enter, you must fill out the entry form at acurite.com/connect-with-us and then take one of the following actions: (1) Leave a review of your AcuRite product on AcuRite.com (2) Join AcuRite's email list at acurite.com/newsletters (3) Become a Fan of AcuRite on Facebook at facebook.com/acurite, and fill out the entry form (4) Follow @AcuRite on Twitter at twitter.com/acurite.
There is presently no charge to become a member of Facebook or Twitter. If you are a first time visitor to either site, you will be prompted to complete the on-screen registration form. Registration is a one-time requirement. If you are a returning visitor, you will be prompted to login using your email address and/or username and password.
6. Prize: One (1) winner or more per month will receive a prize from AcuRite. Prizes may include products, gift cards for AcuRite.com or other rewards. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and may not be substituted or transferred by the winners.
7. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the time of entry.
8. Entry dates, which determine which monthly drawings the entry is eligible to win, shall be determined by the date an entry is actually received by Sponsor.
9. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any that may affect your entry or the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, late or illegible entries. Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules are disqualified. Sponsor shall have the absolute right to determine if an entry is in compliance with these Official Rules without notice to the person attempting to enter.
10. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. To the extent permitted by law, each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
11. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the any winner, the entrant will be deemed to be the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used at login, registration, or entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, Facebook, Twitter, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
12. The winners will be determined by random drawings conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries on or around the 1st of the following month, at approximately 1:00pm CT. All results of the selections are final and binding, subject to Paragraph 13 below.
13. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the Prize, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner chosen at random from the remaining eligible entries.
14. FOR CANADIAN ENTRANTS: In addition to anything else in these Official Rules, in order for a Canadian selected entrant to win and receive a prize he/she must first correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by email or by telephone. Canadian residents must also execute and return a Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with these rules. Failure of a Canadian selected entrant to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the time allotted or failure to execute and return a Declaration and Release Form will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the random selection of a substitute entrant from among all remaining eligible entries. For the purposes of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules, all references to “winner” in the case of a Canadian resident shall be deemed to be “selected entrant” until such time as the Canadian selected entrant has qualified to win a prize.
15. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
16. Attempts to notify the winner will be made by email within seven (7) days of the drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late or misdirected mail or delivery or computer transmission problems of any kind. If unable to make contact with any winner within seven (7) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the winner, or if any winner fails to claim the Prize within seven (7) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the winner, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
17. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY; SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
18. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified person.
19. All entry information and materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
20. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin. All claims relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be filed in the federal or state courts located in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
22. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to AcuRite Sweepstakes List of Winners, c/o Chaney Instrument Co., 965 Wells St., Lake Geneva, WI 53147.
back to top