Smart Home Remote Monitoring
When you can't be there, an AcuRite Environment System can! Remote monitoring can help you respond quickly to prevent or reduce expensive damage to your home when you are away. The central hub of the system is the AcuLink Bridge, which plugs into your internet router. For each Bridge you have, you can monitor the data for up to three (3) AcuRite sensors in any combination of the following: Obtain data from the 5-in-1 Weather Sensor, 3-in-1 Weather Sensor, or Temperature and Humidity sensors. Each sensor features strong wireless signal penetration (enhanced 433 MHz), and can track environmental variables within a 330 foot wireless range from the Bridge. You can chart and graph historical data to plan for the specific conditions at your home. Monitor conditions from anywhere on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and set customized text or email alerts to let you know when you need to take action.
- Vacation homes – Check that heat or air conditioning has not been left on unintentionally; prevent frozen pipes with wireless sensors in basements or crawl spaces; ensure mold prevention by monitoring humidity; check rainfall to see if someone needs to inspect for water damage; see at a glance if power or internet service has failed; let vacation renters know what the weather will be.
- Rental homes – Monitor energy consumption by checking temperatures; prevent moisture damage by checking humidity.
- Traveling – Whether you are a “snowbird” who leaves your home for months at a time, or on a short vacation, you can have peace of mind by monitoring conditions in your home; prevent frozen pipes and risk to pets (including aquarium or terrarium creatures).
- Check on aging relatives – Older people are at risk from overly cold or hot environments; place up to 3 Temperature and Humidity Sensors with an AcuLink Bridge in your loved ones’ home or apartment and receive alerts on your smartphone, tablet, or computer if conditions pose a risk to their health.
Use weather data from outdoor sensors in your specific location to help you plan. For comprehensive information and forecasts, we suggest the Pro Weather Center which consists of the AcuLink Internet Bridge, 5-in-1 sensor, and a tabletop display.
- Monitor wind direction and speed along with rainfall to prevent or quickly respond to damage to your home from wildfires, downpours, and high winds.
- Use sprinklers and irrigation systems efficiently based on rainfall amounts and targeted forecasts.
- Plan outdoor activities and clothing needs based on real-time data.
- Enjoy knowing about your own particular micro-climate!
- Plan for weather conditions that may affect health conditions such as breathing problems, arthritis, and migraine.
- Monitor crawl spaces and basements to prevent frozen pipes, mold, and mildew.
- Monitor attic and garage temperature and humidity to prevent damage to stored items.
- Check temperature in various parts of the home (upstairs and downstairs) to ensure even heating or cooling and to save energy costs.
- Check on conditions for family members and pets when you are out of the house.