Measure rainfall, wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
With My AcuRite you can view sensor data, conditions, history, trends, forecasts, and more on your mobile devices or computer.
Let friends and family access your current conditions, plus broadcast to communities like Weather Underground.
Analyze or download data to help guide decisions for a more efficient, healthy home.
Shows weather data, plus historical records, trends, the forecast, home comfort information, customizable alarms and more.
Talk to friendly, knowledgeable people for setup and operation assistance.
Weather Environment System includes: smartHUB, HD Display, PRO+ 5-in-1 Weather Sensor, mounting bracket, mounting hardware, ethernet cable, power adapters, quick start guide, instruction manual
Warranty: Limited one-year warranty
|System Requirements||Network router with an available Ethernet port, Internet connection|
|Power||5V power adapter|
|Dimensions||5-inches Height x 3.5-inches Width x 5-inches Depth|
|Indoor Temperature Range||32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit; 0 to 50 degrees Celsius|
|Temperature Accuracy||+/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Humidity Accuracy||+/- 5% from 0% to 10% Relative Humidity +/- 4% from 10% to 20% Relative Humidity +/- 3% from 20% to 80% Relative Humidity +/- 4% from 80% to 90% Relative Humidity +/- 5% from 90% to 100% Relative Humidity|
|Wind Direction Indicators||16 points|
|Time Zones||PST, MST, CST, EST, AST, HAST, NST, AKST|
|Power||5V power adapter (included)|
|Dimensions||5.5-inch Height x 7.6-inch Width x 0.6-inch Depth|
|Temperature Range||-40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit; -40 to 70 degrees Celsius|
|Temperature Accuracy||+/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit Learn more|
|Humidity Range||1% to 99% Relative Humidity|
|Humidity Accuracy||+/- 5% from 1% to 10% Relative Humidity Learn more
+/- 4% from 10% to 20% Relative Humidity
+/- 3% from 20% to 80% Relative Humidity
+/- 4% from 80% to 90% Relative Humidity
+/- 5% from 90% to 100% Relative Humidity
|Wind Speed||0 to 99 mph; 0 to 159 kph|
|Wind Speed Accuracy||+/-2 mph below 10 mph Learn more
+/- 3 mph from 10 to 30 mph
+/- 4 mph from 30 to 50 mph
+/- 5 mph from 50 to 99 mph
|Wind Direction Indicators||16 points|
|Rainfall Capacity||0.01 inches (0.25 mm) and up|
|Rain Gauge Accuracy||+/- 0.05" per inch of rainfall|
|Wireless Range||330 feet / 100 meters depending on home construction materials Learn more|
|Wireless Signal||433 MHz|
|Power||4 AA alkaline or lithium* batteries
*Lithium batteries recommended for temperatures below -4 degrees Fahrenheit / -20 degrees Celsius Learn more
|Data Reporting||Wind Speed: 18 second updates
Wind Direction: 36 second updates
Temperature and Humidity: 36 second updates
|Dimensions||10.8-inches Height x 5.6-inches Width x 13.8-inches Depth|
|My AcuRite Compatible||Yes Learn more|
Fantastic weather station for this price range.
Pros: Fantastic Graphics on monitor and I love the My AcuRite App. Easy to hook up and works great on my MacBook Pro. I also have it on Weather Underground and am very impressed with this weather station for a $200 price range. I purchased the optional "lightning sensor" and am impressed with that as well.
Cons: I would like to see them make a mounting bracket that is heavier duty. I purchased a 3/4" pipe to mount mine on.
Installation: Placement is critical for accurate wind direction. The unit will automatically connect with the monitor when plugged in. Just make sure they both are on the same "A,B,C" switch. The "smart hub" is basically as simple to hook up as attaching a cable to the wireless router and plugging in, then download and install the "My AcuRite" app to see the weather on a notebook or phone. Connecting to Weather Underground takes a little while longer. You will need to "register" with Weather Underground, download and install the PC Connect App, then allow sharing to Weather Underground in the My AcuRite app. It is really not that difficult and they have great customer service if help is needed.
I can see my weather from anywhere I have internet access. Fantastic product for the price. Highly recommend.
This package is great if you're looking to share your weather station information with Weather Underground. It's worked flawlessly and I've been able to access my weather station information 100% along with 100% reporting to Weather Underground every few seconds. The HD Display with intergraded lightning detection is great. I would recommend this product.
These Weather Stations are poorly designed, let me explain...
1. The Design of the Pro 5 in 1 Sensor is impractical in New England where it snows, the rain cup fills up with snow and prevents the wind cups from moving...I had to go outside and clear off the sensor numerous times...don't buy this weather station if you live in an area where it snows.
2. The only option to share weather data is with WeatherUnderground. I am interested in becoming part of the Citizens Weather Observer Program, but I do not have this option with AcuRite. I was able to find a way to implement a Meteobridge but the AcuRite SmartHub did not operate correctly when integrated with a Meteobridge.
3. I purchased a Outdoor Temp Sensor with Soil/Liquid Probe. It was a battle trying to add this second sensor. After adding it via the AcuRite Webpage, it looked like the sensor connected seamlessly. However, no data showed up. I tried rebooting the SmartHub, disconnected power and waited 10 seconds, still no data. After searching online I found a post where someone said that you need to wait for at least 2 minutes before reapplying the power to the SmartHub...I tried the suggestion and it worked, frustrating. Please update your documentation in regards to rebooting the SmartHub.
4. Weather Underground has the ability to accept Soil Temp as one of their data points, hence why I bought this additional AcuRite Temp/Humidity/Soil sensor. I found out afterwards that I cannot add a second sensor to my sharing...I have to choose between the Pro 5in1 Sesnor or the Temp/Humidity/Soil Temp Sensor when configuring sharing. You can only see the second Temp/Humidity/Soil sensor data on the AcuRite Webpage. Using a Meteobridge would solve this problem if I could get it to work with the unpredictable SmartHub.
5. The "HD" Weather display is of POOR quality, it is too bright and lacks contrast. Despite trying adjustments which make little to no difference, the quality of this display does not meet my expectations.
Lesson learned, first decide what it is you want to do with a weather station. The AcuRite systems are inexpensive systems for someone looking to gather data for their own consumption. For the Weatherbuff that is looking to gather data and share with multiple sources, then look elsewhere. There are other weather station manufacturers out there that can meet those needs, but at a higher cost.
I ordered this after getting my brother a different 5-in-1 Acurite weather station because it came with the smartHUB. I am blown away by the High Definition display. Once you have one of these, you will never go back to the old monochrome displays. I have it toggling through the various pages every 30 seconds. I've set up the smartHUB and can monitor everything from my smart phone, tablet, and computer. I purchased 2 Acurite room temperature and humidity sensors that are both wireless and they communicate with the smartHUB. So not only can I monitor the 5-in-1 from my smart phone, but I can also monitor both sensors on the same app which are located in 2 different areas of the house. I renamed the sensors on the app based on their location in the house. LOVE IT!!!!
Where do I begin? Running for 2 weeks now and product performs much better than expected, setup and installation were extremely simple, and the HD display is amazing. The amount of data and the ease to access it are mind-blowing. My first station and I'm extremely happy that I chose this model. Totally exceeds my expectations.